Honey & Cherry Muffins Recipe
Spread a little festive cheer with our easy-peasy Honey Cherry Vanilla Muffins and get the best out of Musanya’s pure African honey and seasonal cherries.
Our winter honey crop is on the shelves, and it’s cherry season too. What’s a baker going to do to combine two deliciously healthy treats into something they can share with family and friends? Musanya’s kitchen team took a break from creating new honey variants to test some recipes for our customers.
These light, fruity vanilla muffins are the perfect way to put cherries and honey on the table together, and they take a little over 30 minutes to make from start to finish. Look out for more perfect honey recipes on our blog soon.
Honey & Cherry Muffins RECIPE
Makes 12 muffins
500 ml cake flour
15 ml baking powder
2.5 ml salt
2 large eggs
250 ml milk
80 ml Musanya honey
80 ml sugar
125 ml sunflower oil
5 ml vanilla
250 g stoned fresh cherries
12 whole cherries
50 ml Musanya honey for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease or spray your muffin tin. You need to 6-cup tins, or a 12-cup tin.
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate jug or bowl. Now pour this mixture into the flour one and mix them roughly together. You don’t want a smooth batter, so don’t over-mix. A few lumps are fine.
- Roughly chop and divide the stoned cherries into 12 muffin cups. Now spoon a dollop of muffin batter into each cup in even quantities. Push a whole fresh cherry into the crown of each honey muffin.
- Pop the muffin tins into the oven to bake for 18 to 20 minute. They are done when an inserted skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- As an option, just before the muffins come out the oven, heat 50 ml honey in a jug in the microwave. (Or heat it in a small saucepan.) As soon at the muffins come out the oven, pour the honey evenly over them and leave to cool.
- If they make it out of the kitchen at all, you can serve the muffins to your guests with piping hot coffee.
Honey replaces half the sugar in a regular vanilla muffin making it a healthier option.
Divide the chopped cherries among the muffin cups before you pour in the batter.
Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cups to make a dozen delicious treats.
Pop a whole, fresh cherry on the crown of each muffin before baking.
You can opt to pour hot honey over the golden muffins as soon as they come out of the oven.
Ready to go in 30 minutes, this is a fabulous recipe for quick entertaining solutions.